The newsroom is the home to all Sea Bags related news and announcements. Here you can find current press releases, seasonal line sheets, and downloadable images. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Established With Purpose
Sea Bags was founded on three cornerstones that still guide the business today:
Made in Maine
Our team of skilled craftspeople transform sails into one-of-a-kind bags on Custom House Wharf in the heart of Portland, Maine’s working waterfront. Each bag is designed, sewn and finished in Maine using 100% recycled sail cloth.
We believe in being green in both product and in practice. Since 1999, we've saved over 700 tons of material from going into landfills. For us sustainability also means being an active member of the waterfront community and helping to preserve the rich heritage that we all enjoy.
We believe in giving back to our community by supporting the creation of local jobs and organizations. Designing, sewing, and sourcing our products locally creates a ripple effect of opportunities in our community.
Awards and Accolades
- 2022 Large Company Business Leader of the Year
- Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing US companies US (2019-2021)
- Maine Governor’s Award for Business Excellence (2018)
- Maine SBA Person of the Year (2018)
- Maine Technology Institute MTAF 2.0 Grant awardee (2018)
- PROPEL Ignition Award: Growth Stimulation (2017)
- Maine Retailer of the Year Award (2015)
Would you like more information?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request lookbooks for upcoming seasons, creative assets or any additional information.