Sea Bags, the authentic designer and manufacturer of handmade items from recycled sails located on Custom House Wharf in the historic, vibrant city of Portland, is looking for a full-time Stitcher/Seamstress to join our growing team.
- Ability to operate sewing machines including but not limited to: single needle industrial; industrial zig-zag; overlock, merrow or serger; domestic straight and zig-zag machines.
- Demonstrate experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Responsible for basic machine care and maintenance.
- Maintains personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Hardworking and self-motivated; must be able to work at a fast pace with high accuracy and minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail including continually checking for completeness of work order requirement and components
- Able to communicate with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions
- Deadline driven and goal oriented; comfortable working in an environment with production targets
- Work collaboratively while developing close working relationships with other members of Sea Bags team
We are looking for a self-starter who likes to be kept busy with multiple and constantly changing assignments. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
Contact Sokunthy Yean - General Manager [email protected] or call 207.780.0744
Retail Store Associates
Retail experience preferred. Email a resume to [email protected]. Locations:
- Chatham, MA: Part-time seasonal positons available
- Rockport, MA: Part-time seasonal positions available
We created Sea Bags with a commitment to providing jobs and career paths in Maine. It is our policy to consider all applicants for employment on the basis of his or her qualifications for the job without regard to age, sex, race, religious creed, color, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, national origin, or citizenship. We actively pursue this policy in all aspects of employment including hiring, promotion, transfer, termination, recruitment, rates of pay, and selection for training, and general treatment during employment. We do reserve the right to refuse to hire or continue the employment of undocumented workers. At Sea Bags, being an equal employment opportunity employer is not only a legal principle; it is a moral commitment as well.